Saturday, May 17, 2008

Three weeks of forced humility.

Well, I just finished reading Elder Lund's book about receiving revelation, and it was great. Highly recommend it. I needed a new book to read, but nothing has come out recently that I'm interested in, so I decided to commence my yearly reading of The Miracle of Forgiveness, by Spencer W. Kimball. I try to read this book at least once a year which, if you have ever read it, then you know, can cause severe side effects. I usually try to read the chapters on the "big" sins first, because I believe I'm at least in good standing when it comes to those. Then come the sins of omission. Good night!!! Shoot me please. Luckily, the book ends with some hope of a bright future, but you have to make it through the first 2/3s of the book to get there. Anyways, wish me luck, and go read it for yourself.
Next up, I spent a good portion of the time this afternoon with my niece convincing her that a bike would be so much cooler than a Barbie power wheels car. Of course, I was lying. Everyone knows that the kid with the power wheels car is the coolest kid on the block. After much persuasion, which I am very good at, especially when I use my magical powers, I think I have saved my brother a good $100. So, Kyle owes me. Gabi when you are old enough to read this, remember it was your daddy's fault. He made me do it. I wanted you to have the car.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Two Comments:

#1: I will likely NOT take your reccommendation to read the Miracle of Forgiveness. I have enough trouble with my own self-inflicted guilt.

#2: We found some (barely) used power wheels on ebay! So, if we can find one at the right price, with decent shipping, and in good shape, she might get some power wheels after all... And, I hate to burst your bubble. You DID convince Gabi that a bike was cool. You didn't convince her that power wheels are not. Therefore, she's now asking for both.

Anonymous said...

hey marshall! i totally found your blog in my blog-stalking.....you should definitely update it. wahehh. :-)