Saturday, June 7, 2008

Always the DJ, Never the Groom

I just got back from doing the music for a wedding for someone in the singles branch. I have been the official DJ of the branch for 10 years now. Way too long. It went OK, and it is always great to see a happy couple before the ravishing effects of marriage take hold. But I'm not bitter. My favorite part of the wedding is the bride/groom dance. You can tell a lot from the song they pick. Every one tells a story. My favorite so far is "Just to See You Smile," by Tim McGraw. Sounds innocent enough. Someone didn't listen to the words before they chose that one. Or maybe they did and are just planning ahead. Oh well.

5 comments:

Kari McCallon said...

Marshall. What's up kid? I found your blog off of Maren's. I just wanted to say you are hilarious. I miss having you to make fun of.

Erin said...

Ummm...what exactly do you mean "ravishing effects of marriage"? Are you talking about how the bride automatically takes a beating from the ugly stick as soon as reality sinks in??

Holli said...

I love the title of this blog. Too funny. Kyle and I's song is "Grow Old Along with Me" (Peter Breinholt). What does that say about us? And, when you say ravishing, does that mean beautiful? :) If not, you're officially uninvited to our house.

Erin said...

Nick and my song is, "I Like My Women Just a Little on the Trashy Side" by Confederate Railroad. What does that say about us? It says we're AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

I think I was the first one to witness you saying the title of this blog!! We were watching you do you, "wicki, wicki, wicki, waaaa" on the stage. You are an amazing DJ! :) You loved the jeans lady...you couldn't keep your eyes off of her during the line dances...that's why you kept playing those songs...