Monday, August 11, 2008

When life hands you lemons.....take a sleeping pill.

Everything possible went wrong last week. OK, not anything important to most in the world, but nevertheless important to me. My XBOX went out on me. (That last sentence could also be read, "Marshall's world fell apart." Later that day, a lightning storm took out my modem. No internet, no XBOX, and severe insomnia. I can't believe this was such a huge dilemma. Needless to say I was able to do tons of laundry and reading, so all is well.
Next up, a trip to the DPS office. I will not say why at this time, pleading the 5th. (Amendment that is. Look it up and while you are at it, take a glance at the rest of that document.) I am by no means the most educated person in the world, but I felt at that moment like a freaking Einstein. I understand now why America is in a state of decline. I actually sent a text message to my little brother to find out if there were two DPS offices in our town. I thought I had walked into the one for those whose shoe size matched their IQ level. Bless the people at the counter. (Side Note: Please be patient with anyone in a customer service position. Take a look around at who they deal with ALL DAY LONG. Please don't add to their hardship.) Well, I waited in line for about 45 minutes. It began to storm right as I arrived at the front of the line. Apparently if there is a storm, the DPS computers are unable to complete some tasks. I was told that unless I had my Social Security card I was SOL. And so I was. Forty-five minutes wasted on a day off. To top it off, the windows fogged up on the way home, which is a horrible problem when you have no air to clear them. I had my window rolled down, my head out the window like a dog, and the rain was just a pouring on down. And to think there are times I wonder why I'm not married. Well long post. Time for the sleeping pill...Later.

4 comments:

Rondi said...

If you remember Elder Eyring's conference talk from April, he said that every day we can find the Lord's hand in our lives. From your "dreadful" day, I am assuming you learned one important message from the Lord--"get your degree or you will end up like those on the DPS line and your IQ will match your shoe size"!! Love you Marshall!!!

Kimberly said...

haha awh marshall... I can see you driving down the road in the rain with your head out the window...you apparently made it home okay though since you lived to tell about it...no cars chopped your head off thats good!

Anonymous said...

Woof Woof my terrorist hunting pal!

The Browns said...

You need to update your blog! You have no life!